The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) is an international organisation comprised of 38 member countries, that works to build better policies for better lives. Our mission is to promote policies that will improve the economic and social well-being of people around the world. Together with governments, policy makers and citizens, we work on establishing evidence-based international standards, and finding solutions to a range of social, economic and environmental challenges. From improving economic performance and creating jobs to fostering strong education and fighting international tax evasion, we provide a unique forum and knowledge hub for data and analysis, exchange of experiences, best-practice sharing, and advice on public policies and international standard-setting.
The International Energy Agency (IEA) is an intergovernmental organisation committed to advancing security of energy supply, economic growth and environmental sustainability through energy policy co-operation. The IEA operates as an autonomous body within the framework of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). Both the OECD and the IEA seek opportunities to work with an increasing number of non-members of growing importance to the world economy. The Agency aims to foster the contribution of the energy sector to economic development and environmental sustainability.
The IEA’s Information Systems Unit (ISU) provides the IT infrastructure, systems, and applications in support of IEA’s core substantial work. The IEA is looking for an Infrastructure Solutions Engineer to serve as lead system engineer providing overall system administration of the Agency’s IT infrastructure. The selected candidate will work under the supervision of Head of ISU, joining our small IT team, helping to manage our 380 user enterprise network, and directly supervising the work of a System/Network Administrator Officer.
- Coordinate the Infrastructure team;
- Design and implement enterprise-class IT infrastructure and information systems for the Agency, ensuring systems are secure, robust, and performant;
- Design, implement, and maintain a robust infrastructure deployment, including a comprehensive disaster recovery capability;
- Design, implement, and maintain a policy-based IT security architecture that provides secure and reliable access to all systems and applications while mitigating against threats to the Agency’s systems and data;
- Work in close collaboration with the application support team to ensure the successful delivery of application solutions;
- Work in close collaboraton with the user support team to design and implement user support services, including desktop imaging and user authentication services;
- Maintain IT infrastructure elements, and all related components, in good working order, with a particular focus on the storage and virtual environments, ensuring all systems are kept up-to-date and are performing at optimal levels;
- Provide advanced diagnostic and solve any technical problems related to the IT infrastructure and network, including the end-user computing environment;
- Analyze and identify business and user requirements, recommend the development and integration of new technologies to help improve IT systems, and implement new hardware, operating systems, or IT solutions in support of the Agency and its work program;
- Provide system administration for core Windows network services; and
- Provide assistance to the user support team to help solve user’s technical problems.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- A university degree in computer science or information technology.
- Minimum three, preferably more than five years’ professional experience in designing, building, and managing complex IT systems and infrastructure;
- Demonstrated ability and extensive experience in the design, implementation, and maintenance of highly-available systems and infrastructutre; physical and virtual server infrastructure; SAN- and NAS-based storage systems;
- Extensive experience in the deployment of data centre technologies, including overall design and implementation and with deployment and management of industry-standard operating systems, databases, and applications servers;
- Experience in providing input into the design of complex technical solutions and in the design and implementation of secure IT architectures and security best practices;
- Strong project management skills, with demonstrated ability to drive projects and initiatives;
- Excellent communication skills, with experience in presenting to a diverse audiences; strong critical thinking and analytical skills;
- Professional certifications in IT architecture and implementation engineering.
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated experience in at least three of the following areas:
- SAN- and NAS-based storage systems and fabrics;
- Virtualised server environments, and related systems.
- Microsoft Windows network services, including Active Directory, DNS/DHCP, Group Policy, PKI and AD CA certificate services management;
- Linux server environments;
- IT Security technologies, such as Firewalls, Multi-factor authentication systems, Network Access Control, SIEM, and IDS/IPS;
- Network layer, Wi-Fi, and Load-balancing technologies and solutions; or
- Disaster Recovery Management and Orchestration tools.
- Deomonstrated experience in technologies from the following vendors: VMware; Netapp; HPE (compute), Cisco and/or Aruba (network), CheckPoint, F5 (LTM, APM, DNS), EMC RSA; the use of Linux in an enterprise environment.
- Fluency in one of the two OECD official languages (English and French) and knowledge of the other, with a commitment to reach a good working level.
- For this role, the following competencies would be particularly important: Achievement focus, Analytical thinking, Teamwork and Team leadership, Client focus
- Please refer to the level 3 indicators of the OECD Core Competencies.
For retained candidates, written tests/video-recorded interviews are foreseen late August and panel interviews are planned for end September/beginning October, 2022.
- A two year fixed term appointment, with the possibility of renewal.
- Depending on level of experience, monthly salary starts at either 6,308 EUR or 7,784 EUR, plus allowances based on eligibility, exempt of French income tax.
- Click here to learn more about what we offer and why the OECD is a great place to work.
- Click here to browse our People Management Guidebook and learn more about all aspects relating to people at the OECD, our workplace environment and many other policies supporting staff in their daily life.
Please note that the appointment may be made at a lower grade based on the qualifications and professional experience of the selected applicant.
The OECD is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes the applications of all qualified candidates [who are nationals of OECD member countries], irrespective of their racial or ethnic origin, opinions or beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, health or disabilities.
The OECD promotes an optimal use of resources in order to improve its efficiency and effectiveness. Staff members are encouraged to actively contribute to this goal.
To apply for this job please visit oecd.taleo.net.