World Bank Group
|Term Duration:||4 years 0 months|
|Recruitment Type:||Local Recruitment|
|Required Language(s):||English, Turkish|
|Closing Date:||11/23/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC|
- Support the design and implementation of analytical, lending, and advisory work on agriculture-related issues.
- Support activities as core team member, both in agriculture operations and to some extent in the ECA-SD portfolio, assuring quality in all stages of the project cycle (identification, preparation, appraisal, supervision, and completion).
- Analyze, review, and process operational documents related to lending preparation and coordinating across WBG teams to assure timely completion of quality project packages.
- Provide research and analytical support for drafting policy notes related to agriculture and associated policies, particularly on climate-smart agriculture and adaptation and mitigation aspects of agri-food production. In addition, he/she is expected to independently review relevant documentation, assemble and analyze data, and contribute to the knowledge and communication agenda.
- Support operational and analytical dialogue related to sustainable development, particularly for water, environment, social development, and climate change.
- Conduct technical review and analysis of client reports and sector reports.
- Support the discussions for developing and implementing sector strategies and assist in country-specific policy and advisory work.
- Coordinate and participate in discussions with the Government and project counterparts on agriculture relevant discussions.
- Represent the World Bank in local fora involving the community of development partners.
- Respond to ad-hoc information requests from internal and external parties.
- Work closely with other members of the agriculture team and other task teams within multi-disciplinary missions and actively collaborate in the country dialogue as required.
- Work closely with client counterparts, development partners and the Country Management Unit towards development and effective delivery of the sector’s portfolio.
The Agriculture Economist/Specialist will have broad knowledge in the agriculture sector and policies. In addition to meeting the Bank-wide requirements for Grade GF Level position, it is expected that the successful candidate will meet the following selection criteria:
- A dynamic, independent and highly organized professional with enthusiasm to further expand/deepen his/her knowledge in the above areas of responsibility and beyond, and an ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, multi-sectoral and multi-cultural environment.
- At least 5 years of work experience in agriculture and rural development in Türkiye for a candidate with an MSc, MBA or Ph.D. in Agricultural Sciences, Policy, or Economics.
- Familiarity with the WBG’s development initiatives, policies and practices related to lending and non-lending operations.
- Ability and skills to provide inputs to key project documents and ability to serve as a team member making contributions and taking responsibility for operational tasks assigned.
- Demonstrably strong analytical skills, integrative thinking and ability to support project teams in developing an integrated point of view around country-specific agriculture development challenges.
- Demonstrating a strong client focus and capacity for solution-oriented dialogue.
- Strong communication skills, and ability to interact with the Client’s senior-level decision-makers as well as project technical staff.
- Understanding of agriculture policies, strategies, institutions, and regulations and experience in and ability to support findings/policy recommendations with relevant technical evidence.
- Strong understanding of, and experience with, the institutional and political context in Türkiye and exposure to agriculture policies, strategies, institutions, and regulations.
- Knowledge of agriculture and agribusiness context in Türkiye.
- Spoken and written Turkish and English skills are required.
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently in Türkiye.
- Knowledge and Experience in Development Arena – Translates technical and cross-country knowledge into practical applications and contributions to country and sector strategies; influences the design and implementation of sector lending and non-lending operations; conceives and promotes innovations in development policies, project design, organization, and management to improve operational and sector work.
- Agriculture Policy, Strategy, and Institutions – Solid understanding of agriculture policies, strategies, institutions, and regulations and linkages of agriculture with other areas of development.
- Policy Dialogue Skills – Anticipates needs and requests in the field and conducts independent policy discussions with representatives of the government and non-government partners.
- Integrative Skills – Understands relevant cross-sectoral areas and how they are interrelated; able to undertake cross-sectoral work in lending and non-lending operations.
- Lead, Innovate, and Mentor – Inspires and influences others to drive innovation. Have demonstrated the ability to share and collaborate with colleagues in the agriculture and related GPs (e.g. ENV, SURR, Water, and Climate Change).
- Technical Analysis for Country/Sector Issues – Experience in contributing to high-quality analytical work and policy papers, leveraging relevant analytical tools and a grasp of issues surrounding policy and sector reform.
- Client Orientation – Maintains client relationships in the face of conflicting demands or directions and provides evidence-based advice and solutions based on sound diagnosis and knowledge.
- Drive for Results – Identifies the needed resources to accomplish results involving multiple stakeholders and finds solutions to obstacles affecting key deliverables.
- Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion – Ensures timely delivery, leads collaboration across WBG and partners, considers diverse ideas and approaches.
- Business Judgment and Analytical Decision Making – Gathers inputs, assesses risk, considers the impact, and articulates benefits of decisions for internal and external stakeholders over the long term.
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.